Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week End.

This weekend felt like a really good, long, recharging one. Usually our weekends begin with hopes of relaxation but then are over in a flash and before we know it we're dealing with the Sunday having to go back to work the next day depression. But this weekend felt like an actual end of the work week break. Friday Kyle took the day off work and when I got home from my job we headed out pretty soon there after.

Kyle's been begging me for weeks (more like months) to go to one of his favorite restaurants The Church Brew Works. It's a pretty cool restaurant with very tasty food but there's something that just feels a little wierd with a church being turned into a brewery. We left there and headed to our first and certainly not last trip to Trader Joes. Love that place. They are going to be opening one near us and I can't friggin wait! After that we headed to my brother and his wife's house to hang out and play a game they just bought called Quelf. It's a game that pretty much is geared toward the players making complete idiot's of themselves which was very amusing to say the least! It was a good time.

Our Saturday was pretty much a lay on the couch and watch movies kind of day. And thats what I did. In between a nap.

My husband plays bass on the worship team at out church so our Sundays are usually planned around that. Today he was scheduled to play at one our church's new branches at the Washington City Mission. What a blessing it was to be there. I love situations that force you out of your comfort zone in a good way. It was a great service.

We then stopped at a childhood spot of mine of the way home for lunch. It's called the Springhouse and it's a farm run restaurant/store with tasty food and even tastier sweet treats. It still has the same sweet smoky wood smell I remember it having when I was a little girl. Brings back so many cozy memories.

Lastly we stopped at a farm down the road from our house who was having a sale on all their plants. And this is what I came home with and planted.

(hello cute little sunflower, you got a few compliments on how beautiful you were by some ladies that saw you in our cart)

(Don't mind the bent mini blind. That was done by the culprit below who HAD to see what the birdies were doing outside)

(Note the blind pulled UP behind him to prevent any futher mini blind bending)

Normally this time on a Sunday evening would have me feeling a little down knowing that I have to get to bed in a few hours to get up for work. But the night is still young and I have plenty of time for some more relaxtion. I'm looking forward to a busy but fun week ahead filled with lots of hanging out with loved ones.

Happy Sunday!

S.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty flowers!!!! Pretty kitty! Pretty lady!!!

    Pretty awesome!

    Can you tell I'm pretty tired?

    Love <3 me

    ReplyDelete