Saturday, July 23, 2011

DIY: Rolled Magazine Art

I had seen the idea of using rolled magazine pages and making frames out of them during a recent TJ Maxx venture. Tonight I was in a crafty mood and decided that I wanted to try and make a little rolled magazine art of my own.


What you need:
*Colorful pages from an old magazine
*Exacto knife
*Decoupage (I mixed together a little water and Elmer's glue)
*Brush for applying decoupage
*Tool to use to roll paper (I used an crochet hook)


Cut your pages into about 3 inch strips. I cut each strip into 3's but you can cut them however you want depending on your project.

Roll your strips (it's easier to use something to roll with then just rolling the strips by themselves) and then decoupage each one. It's tedious yes but if you're anything like me you find this sort of monotony to be therapeutic.


You can use these rolls to create anything you want. Searching through my art supplies, I came across some wire and my hot glue gun so I decided to make these for a bare bathroom wall:




Voila! I love making pretty art without having to spend a dime!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment