Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sleep Over!!

When I was 14 and my older brother was 16 my mom suprised us with the news that she was having a baby. I still remember the moment she told us like it was yesterday. I was at my friends house and my mom came to pick me up. We hadn't even pulled out of my friends neighborhood when she pulled over and handed me an envelope and told me to look inside. When I saw what was inside I was kind of confused at first because a.) I'd never seen a pregnancy test before and b.) Being that I'd never seen a pregnancy test before, I sure as heck didn't know what a positive pregnancy test looked like. My mom obviously saw the confused look on my face and quickly told me that she was having a baby. And I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs with the happiest excitement. I'd BEGGED my mom for years and years to have a baby. I always dreamed of having a younger sibling and would be envious of kids I'd see my age with younger brothers and sisters. And so on March 31st 2000, we welcomed Gavin Daniel into the world. I guess my parents loved having another little one around so much that they wanted to have another one, and so they did. On December 30th 2002 Tessa Rose was born. Having 2 younger siblings has been awesome. I've got to experience a lot of things about babies and children that I would've only learned with my own. So it's been a really cool mix of having a younger brother and sister as well as sort of knowing what it's like to have a child.

Yesterday we had a sleep over and it was so much fun! I love to have one on one time with them because I get to see how much their little personalities and interests have changed. And man, they are funny!


They packed as though they would be gone for a week.

Tessa always been a sassy-witty little thing and it's hilarious. She's really quick on picking up concepts and you can't trick her with anything. There's no doubt she knows who she is and I think that's awesome. I don't want her to ever lose that. I love her a whole lot and I am so happy I get to have her as my sister.




Gavin is a funny kid. He's always been extremely aware of the world around him and absorbs things like a sponge. He gets on these kicks on certain topics that he has to know everything about. Right now it's height. I don't know how many times he asked me how tall something was or how high. I love every quirky piece of him. 
Gavin and Clyde were chattin' about life and what not. I'm sure there were probably a few height questions in there.

Later that night we made smores and caught lightening bugs.
We had a tasty breakfast of chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes and turkey bacon. Tessa loved her some turkey bacon.

They're really cool people that I absolutely love to hang out with.


I'm very much looking forward to our next sleep over!

No comments:

Post a Comment