Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camping Trip

I've been pretty busy the last couple of weeks and have finally gotten a chance to sit down and post. This past weekend I went camping with my husband, sister-in-law, and her husband. This was a pretty new experience for me because the closest I'd ever been to camping was my family renting a cabin in the woods. But this was real deal sleeping in a tent camping. And I loved it!

Our cute little tent!

It was a nice break to just take a time out on life and take in nature. To be able to hear sounds and breathe in the smells of the beautiful world around us that we easily take for granted.



Falling asleep to the glow of campfires and the low croaks of bullfrogs. Waking in the morning to the loud squaking of seagulls and black birds. Amazed at how much the shade under trees takes the edge off the heat of a July sun. The incomparable refreshment of taking a shower after a hot summer day. And the relief of the cool night air that turns into a perfect temperature for sitting around a campfire and roasting marshmallows. I think it's safe to say I'm hooked on this camping thing.





(I was able to capture a candid of Kyle, this is a rarety so I had to post)

I'm very much looking forward to going camping again. In fact, we're going again in August with my brother and his wife. Did I mentioned I was hooked?

Happy Camping!

S.


No comments:

Post a Comment